Friday, May 16, 2014

3 Completely Different Outfits Featuring one Simple Dress





In the previous article we created the Breezy Beach Day outfit and I mentioned that the dress we were using was perfect for creating multiple outfits. Well here we'll have a brief look at three completely different looks you can create by using that same little dress.




Black and White are the ultimate blank canvas when it comes to creating an outfit. This little dress is the ideal canvas for multiple reasons. 

The first is that is has shape, so it will work with jackets and things if we want and doesn't require a belt to keep it in check. We could add a belt if we wanted, and it wouldn't negatively affect the look of the dress
The second is that it has texture. The bust has a unique texture to the rest of the dress which separates top from bottom in a visual fashion. 

The third, and final, reason is that it has a pattern. The pattern breaks up the white of the dress in a way that's interesting, but it isn't overwhelming. You would still look at this dress and say that it is a white dress. The pattern is simple enough that it can be worked into multiple looks and doesn't require any extra attention.

Now lets take a look at the outfits.


Since we have an entire article dedicated to this look I won't spend too much time on it. Here we focused entirely on color and building the outfit around a specific accessory that we'd chosen.

Necklace
Bracelet
Anklet
Sunglasses
Tote Bag
Bolero
Hat
Shoes










This outfit focuses mostly on theme and uses color as a secondary item.

I started with the denim jacket and then added the cowboy boot and the hat. Both the the boot and the hat have hearts on them which was a primary reason for choosing this particular hat instead of any of the others. I knew I wanted it to be a straw hat instead of a traditional cowboy hat because I'm still going for a summery and lightweight outfit.

The bag came next. I felt that the detailing in the pattern played nicely with the cowboy theme and the preexisting pattern on the dress. Since the turquoise in the bag looked really good with the beige boots I decided to go all out and added the earrings, necklace, and bracelet.

This time I decided I wanted something that might be considered work-appropriate. For that I wanted a blazer and I knew I wanted one that popped and drew attention, but wasn't so formal that it looked out of place with my dress.

So I managed to uncover this brilliant pink blazer. I added the black bag because I thought that with a blazer that bright, a brightly colored bag would probably look too busy. I wanted something that, again, looked relaxed and not too out of place with the simple dress.

I grabbed the bracelet next since I've always loved pairing bright pink with green. Then I added the simple green pumps. I wanted some more green up top, but was having trouble finding a necklace that I liked so I opted for the lightweight chiffon scarf instead and I think it looks fabulous.

So in this outfit we kept things really simple and didn't do too much color matching or extrapolating. This was a very simple look that works because of the neutral dress. A blazer like that is hard to find an appropriate match for, but by keeping everyone around it low key and simple we're able to make it the star of the show and not let everything get too overwhelming and out of hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment