Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Testing, testing...

Testing, testing...

This outfit comes straight to you from the Portal series of Video Games and was inspired by the character Chell. The basic intention was for this outfit to be something casual and relaxed, something you might wear on a lunch or coffee date.


It was the tank top that really inspired the entire thing and pairing it with the orange zip up hoodie was just a natural second step. Bonus points because orange is so trendy right now. 

I didn't want to overdo the orange and turn the whole thing into a prison jumpsuit so I opted for a pair of neutral black pants. I chose the skinny jean/leggings because I knew I wanted boots with this outfit and I didn't want my pants to cover them up at all. These fill the requirements pretty well, though I would've preferred a more low-rise style. I think these may mess up the silhouette of the tank top if it were worn without the hoodie. 

The boots came next and I wasn't too sure about them. I searched for a long time to find something that would sort of be reminiscent of Chell's boots while still being normal functional shoes. I think these come fairly close, though I would've preferred something that came to more mid-calf and without the quilting. In the end I think these will do, but may keep looking to find a better alternative. 

The earrings with the Aperture Science logo were just icing on the cake. Low key, they won't draw too much attention and the uninitiated won't get it but fans of the series will notice and appreciate them. 

Add some spice to your computer or office space with the USB powered, motion detector turret complete with audio and knock over vibrations. 

And what home would be complete without Aperture Science warning sign drink coaster? Bound to be a conversation starter in there. 

I would love some feedback on this outfit. There were obviously things that I'm not quite happy with, so what about you? Do you like what you see? Do you have any suggestions that I could implement to improve this look? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment