Wednesday, May 21, 2014

3 Great Looks Using one Fabulous Lace Top



This adorable lace tank top is another one of the incredibly versatile pieces I mentioned previously. This one item can easily be dressed up and down to accomplish a multitude of looks. For today we're going to focus on three very simple outfits that should help to show you how easy it is. 



This tank top's floral pattern lends itself really well to filigree accessories. The necklace and the earrings were almost the first things I picked when putting this one together. Since everything else was so delicate looking, I wanted something with a little more weight for the wrist that's why I opted for the sterling silver cuff

The cut off shorts are really rather short, showing off plenty of leg. For this reason it seem natural to go with a sandal that was built for bare legs. These gladiator wedges give just enough height to make a difference and are trendy at the same time. The last item in this outfit is the belt. It's cutout pattern and silver filigree belt buckle are the perfect thing to finish off this look with style. 



Gold is always a classic accessory and a must have for any girl's jewelry box. I knew I wanted to incorporate gold into this outfit and, for that reason, I went out and found a brown skirt to pair with my top. Brown and gold work incredibly well together, possibly due to being from the same color family (although at opposite ends). 

 Because of the shape of the skirt I knew this was going to be a more formal type of outfit. I chose to go with the stiletto heel  platform in a gold color. The height of the heel and the strappiness of the sandal instantly dress things up and the color allows us to grace our feet with gold in a believable and not overly gaudy fashion.

Next came the bracelet. Again I wanted the cuff because it added thickness to the overall look of the outfit, but I wanted something that was also delicate and dressy. The layered bangles in this cuff did the job perfectly. 

Then came the necklace, another simple filigree design to play with the floral in the top. The earrings are small gold hoops set with cubic zirconia, nothing too fancy but just dressy enough to pull the outfit together. 

Finally the belt. I recalled this from one of my earlier outfits and I knew it was perfect. The chain will lay nicely against the brown skirt and add a touch of gold to the waist. 


And now we come to the final entry in this set, leather. I think a lot of people overlook leather and its use as an accessory, it's rugged but it can also be incredible attractive. 

This time I went with capri pants and the sling back wedges. The capri's were because I still wanted to show some leg, since it's going to be summer soon, but I wanted to portray a slightly more country feel. If it were fall or winter I probably would've opted for full length jeans. 

The simple wedge design was because I wanted some height, but no real frills and nothing overly strappy. Like I said, this is more of a country or rugged design. However, since the warm weather is just starting I didn't want to use boots. 

The thick leather cuff is incredibly simple and adds the perfect amount of weight. The necklace is a simple leather thong with stainless steel and brass circles fastened to it. Again, elegant simplicity and still ruggedly attractive. The earrings are small stainless steel hoops that I chose for the same reason.  

The second bracelet is made up of leather thongs with silver colored beads that add a little touch of femininity to the whole thing. Finally, the leather belt which is a classic item that never changes and was the perfect piece to bring together our Lusty Leather outfit. 

So what do you think? Which outfit do you love? Which one do you hate? What would you change about it and why? Let me know in the comments below!










No comments:

Post a Comment